Sunday, June 7, 2009

Living Naturally

In the last few years I’ve become more aware of how our lives and careers impact the environment. From reading websites like the New American Dream and Green Career Central to learning that my daughter chose to use cloth diapers and cloth napkins rather than disposable, I can see how many small changes make a huge impact on creating a healthier planet. Recently my four-year old grandson was visiting recently and asked, “Nona, what happens if the earth gets sick?” The question surprised me but I told him that the earth is getting kind of sick, and we are cleaning it up. Our children remind us how important it is to create a healthy planet.

I’ve been thinking about ways that I can enhance my coaching business by offering a tangible product that promotes healthy living and a healthier planet. In business seminars they say that when times get tough people want a band-aid rather than a vitamin. I have been offering the vitamin in the form of coaching, classes and workshops that support strategies for long-term success, but I realized that in our present economy people often want something to make them feel better now.

So I started looking for band-aids. Products that taste good, are safe for the environment and have healing properties. I began researching companies I was familiar with that are known to have products that are healthy and safe for the environment. I was having difficulty finding a product that fit the niche I was looking for. Then I remembered a delicious Cucumber Dill Dip that I bought at the California State Fair from a Watkins Associate. Watkins products have been known for their healing and environmentally safe products since 1868. Watkins products are soothing, safe, and have the NPA and DFE Certifications for providing natural products that are designed for the environment.

With an investment of only $39.99 I became a Watkins Associate and started using Watkins products at a 25% discount. If you are interested in joining me in creating A Greener Business through using and promoting Watkins products, you can contact me by phone or email for more information. If you just want to try some products use the Watkins website www.watkinsonline.com and enter my Watkins Associate ID # 384397.

I started my business to use my passion, training, and experience to provide a service that I felt was important. I'm living my dream everyday. My passion drives my business rather than my business driving me. If you are a person with an entrepreneurial personality, you may be driven to own a business and then find a product or service that fits your lifestyle. What drives you to work at what you do?

With Love and Happiness,
Nancy Miller, M.S.
Watkins Associate
ID #384397



This website is intended for informational purposes only. Comments are open to the public and not endorsed by the author.

Nancy Miller, M.S., Career Management Consultant
Copyright Center for LifeWork Design © 2007
www.centerforlifeworkdesign.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and ideas.